The best exercise for cancer patients at home depends on the individual’s fitness level, type of cancer, and stage of treatment. However, some general guidelines include:
- Start slowly and gradually increase the intensity and duration of your workouts over time.
- Listen to your body and rest when you need to.
- Choose exercises that are low-impact and easy on your joints.
- Focus on exercises that work all of the major muscle groups.
- Drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workouts.
specific exercises that are good for cancer patients at home:
Pilates: Pilates is another low-impact exercise that focuses on core strength and flexibility. It is a good option for cancer patients who are recovering from surgery or who have other physical limitations.
Strength training: Strength training exercises can help to build and maintain muscle mass. This is important for cancer patients because it can help to reduce fatigue and improve quality of life. Some simple strength training exercises that can be done at home include squats, lunges, push-ups, and rows.