There are a few things you can do to get water out of your ears:
- Tilt your head to the side. This will help the water drain out of your ear canal. You can also try lying down on your side with the affected ear facing down.
- Gently tug on your earlobe. This can help to straighten out your ear canal and allow the water to drain out.
- Use a hairdryer on the cool setting. Hold the hairdryer at least 12 inches away from your ear and blow the air into the ear canal. This can help to evaporate the water.
- Use over-the-counter drying drops. These drops can help to absorb the water and dry out your ear canal.
If you have tried these methods and the water is still in your ear, you may need to see a doctor. They can remove the water using a suction device or by irrigating your ear canal.
Here are some additional tips:
- Avoid putting cotton swabs or other objects in your ears. This can push the water further into your ear canal and damage your eardrum.
- Do not blow your nose too hard. This can also push the water further into your ear canal.
- If you have ear tubes, avoid getting water in your ears. If you do get water in your ears, dry them off as soon as possible.
If you experience any of the following symptoms, see a doctor right away:
- Ear pain
- Hearing loss
- Discharge from the ear
These symptoms could be a sign of an ear infection or other serious medical condition.